Welcome to the OOOBTC Bug Bounty Program! This program encourages and rewards contributions by developers and security researchers who help make OOOBTC's environment more secure and convenient.
Reporting weaknesses in our systems
We work hard every day to maintain and improve our systems and processes. However, should you find a weakness in one of our systems, we would appreciate your help.
What you can report
You can report any number of weaknesses in our systems. If you spot a weakness, please contact us as soon as possible.
How to report a weakness
You can report weaknesses to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. State concisely in your email what weakness(es) you have found. We will take action immediately.
What we do with your report
A team of security experts will investigate your report and will contact you to discuss the weakness as soon as possible, how you found it and follow-up action.
We will only use your personal details to take action based on your report. We will not share your personal details with others without your express permission.
Observe the rules
If you discover a weakness and investigate it, you might perform actions that are punishable by law. If you observe the rules for reporting weaknesses in our systems, we will not report your offence to the authorities and will not submit a claim.
Take responsibility and act with extreme care and caution. When investigating the matter, only use methods or techniques that are necessary in order to find or demonstrate the weaknesses.
- Secure your own systems as tightly as possible.
- Let us know as soon as possible upon discovery of weaknesses, and we'll make every effort to quickly resolve the issue. Do not use weaknesses you discover for purposes other than your own investigation.
- Do not use social engineering to gain access to a system.
- Do not install any back doors – not even to demonstrate the vulnerability of a system. Back doors will weaken the system’s security.
- Do not alter or delete any information in the system. If you need to copy information for your investigation, never copy more than you need. If one record is sufficient, do not go any further.
- Do not alter the system in any way.
- Only infiltrate a system if absolutely necessary. If you do manage to infiltrate a system, do not share access with others.
- Do not use brute force techniques to gain access to systems.
Will I receive a reward for my investigation?
Yes, you might receive a reward – but we are not required to give you one. You are not necessarily entitled to compensation. The amount of the reward is not fixed in advance. We determines the amount, based on the following:
- The caution taken in your investigation
- The quality of your report
- The amount of potential damages prevented as a result of your report
Am I allowed to publicise the weaknesses I find and my investigation?
Never publicise weaknesses in our systems or your investigation without consulting us first. We can work together to prevent criminals from abusing your information. Consult with our security experts and give us time to solve the problem.
Can I report a weakness anonymously?
Yes, you can. You do not have to give us your name and contact details when you report a weakness.